Musica

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Apr 5, 2010

Andy's Goodnight Prayer


I love hearing Andy pray- it's so sincere and sweet. Tonight he offered the prayer and one of the things he said just about melted my heart.
"Heavenly Father we pray that we will do what you ask us to do, because you are our father and we are your children".
It touched my heart to hear this truth coming from my dear 6 year old son. I thought about how easy it would be if we had this thought in our hearts everyday- to know that we are truly his sons and daughters is a blessing that brings so much comfort to my heart.
When he finished I told him what a sweet prayer he had given and gave him a kiss- He quickly looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and said,
"Mom did you know you can talk to Heavenly Father and Jesus like they are your friends?"

We have much to learn from our little ones, I learn so much from them everyday:
-to be more forgiving- kids get over things so easily and quickly
-to say as Sean does over the littlest of mistakes- "I'm shory mom"
-to not take things so serious- it's all about play and laughter
-to smile, laugh and love as they do
-to trust and be so open

I could go on and on.... These are but a few of the hidden treasures we learn from our little angels.

1 comment:

Mike and Patty said...

ahhh...what a sweet little prayer from Andy! I think we learn and are reminded of so many truths from the time they these precious angles are placed in our womb.